Monday, January 19, 2009

`CONSIDER OTHERS BETTER THAN YOURSELVES`

Philippians 2:1-3 (NIV)

Imitating Christ's Humility ......
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Father I long to be like you...
may my joy be complete in you and you alone, having the mind of Christ,
having the same love, doing nothing out of selfish ambition but in humility,
may I consider others better than myself....

Praise be to God that He, in the midst of our depravity, drew us to Him with the sweet chords of His melodious grace. We were wretched and iniquitous, yet He chose to love us freely.

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord, provider of our salvation and promise of hope!

No comments: